Re: How to add a new pg oid?

От Matthias van de Meent
Тема Re: How to add a new pg oid?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 5 Sept 2023 at 18:13, jacktby jacktby <jacktby@gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m trying to add a new data type for my pg. How to do that? Can you give me more details or an example?

You could get started by looking at the documentation on custom SQL
types with https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-createtype.html,
or look at the comments in pg_type.dat and the comments on TypInfo in
bootstrap.c on how the built-in types are created and managed.

Lastly, you could look at pg_class and the genbki documentation if you
want to add new catalog types.

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent
Neon (https://neon.tech)

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: sandboxing untrusted code
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: document for regression test forgets libpq test