Re: Make COPY extendable in order to support Parquet and other formats

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Make COPY extendable in order to support Parquet and other formats
Дата
Re: Make COPY extendable in order to support Parquet and other formats  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 3:26 PM Aleksander Alekseev
<aleksander@timescale.com> wrote:

> In other words, personally I'm unaware of use cases when somebody
> needs a complete read/write FDW or TableAM implementation for formats
> like Parquet, ORC, etc. Also to my knowledge they are not particularly
> optimized for this.

IIUC, you want extensibility in FORMAT argument to COPY command
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-copy.html. Where the
format is pluggable. That seems useful.
Another option is to dump the data in csv format but use external
utility to convert csv to parquet or whatever other format is. I
understand that that's not going to be as efficient as dumping
directly in the desired format.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Unify DLSUFFIX on Darwin
От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: Replica Identity check of partition table on subscriber