Re: Postgres 32 bits client compilation fail. Win32 bits client is supported?

От Ranier Vilela
Тема Re: Postgres 32 bits client compilation fail. Win32 bits client is supported?
Дата
Re: Postgres 32 bits client compilation fail. Win32 bits client issupported?  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi guys, thank you for the answers.

Em seg., 10 de fev. de 2020 às 03:38, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> escreveu:
On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 11:55:09AM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> I don't see any other members building for 32-bit. But it should work
> and as you say, nothing's been discussed about removing it.

Yes, it works normally AFAIK and there is no reason to remove this
support either.  My guess is that the repository was not cleaned up
properly when attempting the 32b compilation after a 64b compilation
was completed.
I tried from fresh source install.

Craig, the buildfarm uses msvc 2013.

Amit, your suggestion worked, thank you.
I removed pg_config.h and compiled it libpq.dll, but the tool reported
    8 Warning(s)
    55 Error(s)

The first error is:
"adminpack.obj : error LNK2019: sφmbolo externo indefinido _Int64GetDatum referenciado na funτπo _pg_file_write [C:\dll\postgres\adminpack.vcxproj]
.\Release\adminpack\adminpack.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 externo nπo resolvidos [C:\dll\postgres\adminpack.vcxproj]
Done Building Project "C:\dll\postgres\adminpack.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED."

Unfortunately, i will have to live with 32 bits clients for a long time yet.
I still have customers using Windows XP yet ...

best regards,
Ranier Vilela

От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] advanced partition matching algorithm forpartition-wise join
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup -F plain -R overwrites postgresql.auto.conf