Re: Postgres Windows build system doesn't work with python installedin Program Files

От Ranier Vilela
Тема Re: Postgres Windows build system doesn't work with python installedin Program Files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Em qua., 6 de mai. de 2020 às 15:19, Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> escreveu:
Em qua., 6 de mai. de 2020 às 14:14, Victor Wagner <vitus@wagner.pp.ru> escreveu:
В Wed, 6 May 2020 10:21:41 -0300
Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> пишет:

> Em qua., 6 de mai. de 2020 às 09:53, Michael Paquier
> <michael@paquier.xyz> escreveu:
>
> > On Tue, May 05, 2020 at 10:16:23AM +0300, Victor Wagner wrote:
> > > I agree, it is better.
> >
> > Thanks, applied and back-patched down to 9.5.  Now for the second
> > problem of this thread..
> >
> Sorry, no clue yet.
> I hacked the perl sources, to hardcoded perl, bison and flex with
> path.It works like this.

Perl has "magic" variable $^X which expands to full path to perl
executable, I wonder why build.pl doesn't  use it to invoke secondary
perl scripts.
I still don't think it's necessary, it was working well.
My main suspicions are:
1. Path with spaces;
2. Incompatibility with < symbol, some suggest use &quot;
<Exec Command="&quot;
3. Msbuid.exe It has been updated (version 16.5.0)
4. Perl scripts increased the level of security.
5. My user do not have administrator rights.
Cause found.

How it worked before
1. Call link from menu Visual Studio 2019: Auxiliary\Build\vcvars64.bat
    That create a console with settings to compile on 64 bits.
2. Adjusting the path manually
    set path=%path%;c:\perl\bin;c:\bin
3. Call build.bat

Hacking pgbison.pl, to print PATH, shows that the path inside pgbison.pl, returned to being the original, without the addition of c:\perl\bin;c:\bin.
my $out = $ENV{PATH};
print "Path after system call=$out\n";
Path after system call=...C:\Users\ranier\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;;
The final part lacks: c:\perl\bin;c:\bin

Now I need to find out why the path is being reset, within the perl scripts.

Cause: PATH being reset.

regards,
Ranier Vilela

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: FETCH FIRST clause WITH TIES option
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: xid wraparound danger due to INDEX_CLEANUP false