Re: [HACKERS] kqueue

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [HACKERS] kqueue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 1:05 PM, Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> I heard through the grapevine of some people currently investigating
> performance problems on busy FreeBSD systems, possibly related to the
> postmaster pipe.  I suspect this patch might be a part of the solution
> (other patches probably needed to get maximum value out of this patch:
> reuse WaitEventSet objects in some key places, and get rid of high
> frequency PostmasterIsAlive() read() calls).  The autoconf-fu in the
> last version bit-rotted so it seemed like a good time to post a
> rebased patch.

Once I knew how to get a message resent to someone who wasn't
subscribed to our mailing list at the time it was sent[1] so they
could join an existing thread.  I don't know how to do that with the
new mailing list software, so I'm CC'ing Mateusz so he can share his
results on-thread.  Sorry for the noise.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAEepm=0-KsV4Sj-0Qd4rMCg7UYdOQA=TUjLkEZOX7h_qiQQaCA@mail.gmail.com

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: Allowing printf("%m") only where it actually works
От: Mateusz Guzik
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] kqueue