Re: Observation with Postgres table size

От Sunil Jadhav
Тема Re: Observation with Postgres table size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Dear,

Please carefully read the vacuum full documents if you try this this will impacts on current transaction due to exclusive lock if this is production db then you required a download time for that .

Thanks
Sunil

On Fri, 10 May, 2024, 7:27 pm Sabyasachi Mukherjee, <mukherjee.sabyasachi@outlook.com> wrote:
Hello All,

I am having an issue with the size of a Postgres DB table.
The table have 17 columns. Out of them 5 jsonb columns. The table had 470000 rows when I checked from DBBeaver it showed the table size 34GB. After I deleted many rows from the table - it has currently 27038 rows. But the size of the table still shows 34GB.
I was expecting the size of the DB table to be reduced.
I event restarted the PG DB server service.
I am using Postgres v16 .
Can any body please advise, how to reduce the size of the table?

Sabyasachi Mukherjee

От: Alessandro Dentella
Сообщение: cloudNativePg bootstrap from dump
От: Chris Hoover
Сообщение: Adding future partition causes deadlock???