Re: Why is parula failing?

От Robins Tharakan
Тема Re: Why is parula failing?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 at 16:02, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> > If GetNowFloat() somehow was returning a negative number then we could
> > end up with a large delay.  But if gettimeofday() was so badly broken
> > then wouldn't there be some evidence of this in the log timestamps on
> > failing runs?
>
> And indeed that too.  I'm finding the "compiler bug" theory
> palatable.  Robins mentioned having built the compiler from
> source, which theoretically should work, but maybe something
> went wrong?  Or it's missing some important bug fix?
>
> It might be interesting to back the animal's CFLAGS down
> to -O0 and see if things get more stable.

The last 25 consecutive runs have passed [1] after switching
REL_12_STABLE to -O0 ! So I am wondering whether that confirms that
the compiler version is to blame, and while we're still here,
is there anything else I could try?

If not, by Sunday, I am considering switching parula to gcc v12 (or even
v14 experimental - given that massasauga [2] has been pretty stable since
its upgrade a few days back).

Reference:

От: Bertrand Drouvot
Сообщение: Re: promotion related handling in pg_sync_replication_slots()
От: Pavel Luzanov
Сообщение: Re: Things I don't like about \du's "Attributes" column