xmin and very high number of concurrent transactions

От Vijaykumar Jain
Тема xmin and very high number of concurrent transactions
Дата
Re: xmin and very high number of concurrent transactions  (reg_pg_stefanz@perfexpert.ch)
Re: xmin and very high number of concurrent transactions  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-general
I was asked this question in one of my demos, and it was interesting one.

we update xmin for new inserts with the current txid.
now in a very high concurrent scenario where there are more than 2000
concurrent users trying to insert new data,
will updating xmin value be a bottleneck?

i know we should use pooling solutions to reduce concurrent
connections but given we have enough resources to take care of
spawning a new process for a new connection,

Regards,
Vijay

От: Francisco Olarte
Сообщение: Re: POSTGRES/MYSQL
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: xmin and very high number of concurrent transactions