Re: rw_redis_fdw: SQL Errors when statement is within a function

От GPT
Тема Re: rw_redis_fdw: SQL Errors when statement is within a function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/27/18, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
> On 10/27/18 2:28 AM, GPT wrote:
> Postgres is going to do all sorts of things under the hood when you run
> a query, that is not going to change.
+ Ok. That's clear.
+
> The issue you had bubbled up to
> you the user because the FDW you where using got caught by a change in
> behavior.
+ OK. I keep that in mind for future similar incidents. It is not a
problem in my function, or in Redis, neither my system has suddenly
broken, neither re-installation of packages is required, neither
wοndering hours what has suddenly happened and a very simple sql
statement does not get executed,...
+
> That is going to happen and the developer dealt with it and
> hopefully put in a test for it, for future changes.
+ That's correct, the developer did his best.
> I would also suggest learning psql:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/static/app-psql.html
>
> It operates closer to the database and eliminates some of the
> translation issues caused by running through drivers.
+ OK. Also clear!

+ Thanks Adrian for your short and substantial response.
+ Thanks to the other guys who has spent time to respond, too.
+ Sorry, if I have been unpleasant.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: rw_redis_fdw: SQL Errors when statement is within a function
От: joernbs
Сообщение: Ltree: set of allowed charcters is limited to [A-Za-z0-9_]. Could thedash "-" be included?