how to understand these macro defines such as ObjectIdAttributeNumber in sysattr.h?

От 土卜皿
Тема how to understand these macro defines such as ObjectIdAttributeNumber in sysattr.h?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
hi, all
   I am so sorry for asking some questions like this!
   Recently, for understanding postgresql's optimizer,  I read and debug the source code. these two days,  I read these macros in sysattr.h:

#define ObjectIdAttributeNumber (-2)

and the relative codes, but I still did not know why authors designed them like that, especially the value '-2' ?

what should I do if I want to see the thoughts behind them? thanks in advance!

От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: psql \watch versus \timing
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: psql \watch versus \timing