Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?

От Shay Rojansky
Тема Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Could you describe the worklad a bit more? Is this rather concurrent? Do
you use optimized or debug builds? How long did you wait for the
backends to die? Is this all over localhost, external ip but local,
remotely?

The workload is a a rather diverse set of integration tests executed with Npgsql. There's no concurrency whatsoever - tests are executed serially. The backends stay alive indefinitely, until they are killed. All this is over localhost with TCP. I can try other scenarios if that'll help.

> Note that the number of backends that stay stuck after the tests is
> constant (always 12).

Can you increase the number of backends used in the test? And check
whether it's still 12?

Well, I ran the testsuite twice in parallel, and got... 23 backends stuck at the end.

How are your clients disconnecting? Possibly without properly
disconnecting?

That's possible, definitely in some of the test cases.

What I can do is try to isolate things further by playing around with the tests and trying to see if a more minimal repro can be done - I'll try doing this later today or tomorrow. If anyone has any other specific tests or checks I should do let me know.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review