Re: Using defines for protocol characters

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Using defines for protocol characters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 7 Aug 2023 at 12:59, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 7, 2023 at 2:25 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> +1.  For ease of greppability, maybe even PQMSG_EmptyQueryResponse
> and so on?  Then one grep would find both uses of the constants and
> code/docs references.  Not sure if the prefix should be all-caps or
> not if we go this way.

PqMsgEmptyQueryResponse or something like that seems better, if we
want to keep the current capitalization. I'm not a huge fan of the way
we vary our capitalization conventions so much all over the code base,
but I think we would at least do well to keep it consistent from one
end of a certain identifier to the other.

I don't have a strong preference, but before I make the changes I'd like to get consensus.

Can we vote or whatever it takes to decide on a naming pattern that is acceptable ?

Dave

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Faster "SET search_path"
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Using defines for protocol characters