Re: unaccent extension missing some accents

От J Smith
Тема Re: unaccent extension missing some accents
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> wrote:

> Various issues with OSX and UTF-8 locales seems to come up quite often, yet
> we're not really in a position to do anything about them.
>
> Thus, I think we should warn about these issues and save people the trouble
> of finding out about this the hard way. The only question is, what would be
> a good place for such a warning?

Hmm, I suppose one place could be on initdb if initializing with a
UTF-8 locale, although that only really helps with fixed settings like
LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE and the defaults for the user-configurable
settings, right? For the configurable settings I guess logging as
warnings on server start up or when they're changed via SET. But then
there's all of the other places, like when using COLLATE and using
locale-aware functions and so on and so forth. It would be a lot to
cover, I'll bet.

I guess maybe initdb, start up and SET warnings and a note in the docs
would hopefully suffice?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: unaccent extension missing some accents
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: voting to the xslt_process() need