Re: Will there ever be support for Row Level Security on Materialized Views?

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Re: Will there ever be support for Row Level Security on Materialized Views?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 4:19 PM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 4:06 PM, Ken Tanzer <ken.tanzer@gmail.com> wrote:
People on this list generally seem pretty generous in spirit and sharing of their knowledge, insights and opinions.  It seemed a pretty reasonable and typical question to ask.  I guess if there's no answer to be had, then so be it!

You asked the question in a manner where the obvious reactions are:  Reply Affirmative: "Yes, I am planning/working on that right now" or Do Nothing: "I'm not going to respond because while I'm not aware of any work in this area I have no clue what others might or might not be planning/doing in this area before the heat death of the universe (a reasonably close approximation of "ever")".

Since most things are theoretically possible a flat out - "no that will never happen is unlikely".

Thanks David J.  So I guess I could have asked:

  • Is there any reason there is no RLS / MV support now?
  • Are there any reason fundamental reasons why PG couldn't support RLS for MVs?
  • Is it just a matter of nobody has done it yet?
  • Is there other development work that would need to happen before this could be implemented?
  • In the scheme of things, is it a lot of work or not so much?
  • Has there been any discussion of implementing this feature, and if so is there a link to it?

--
AGENCY Software
A Free Software data system

learn more about AGENCY or
follow the discussion.

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Will there ever be support for Row Level Security on Materialized Views?
От: Ken Tanzer
Сообщение: Re: Will there ever be support for Row Level Security on Materialized Views?