What does this error message mean?

От Ken Tanzer
Тема What does this error message mean?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi.  I got an error message reported to me that I've never seen before, and I'm not quite sure what it means or what would cause it.  When I re-run the query now, it runs without complaint, so the problem seems to have gone away.  Which of course I don't understand either!  Would be nice to know for the future.  This is on 9.2.5.

The message says the error is at line 195 of a function.  I've attached the function source in case it's relevant/helpful.

(And BTW, how exactly is that line number counted? Does the "CREATE FUNCTION" statement count as line 1? Or does it start with the opening quote?  And it looks like whitespace and comments are preserved internally, so is it safe to assume the line number should match with a source file used to create the function?  My best guess is that line 195 in this case is "pay_test.is_deleted=false;" but that doesn't help me understand this error any better!

CREATE FUNCTION blah blah $$
DECLARE... Line 1?

CREATE FUNCTION blah blah
$$

DECLARE... Line 1? 2?

CREATE FUNCTION blah blah
$$DECLARE... Line 1?

Here's the query:

INSERT INTO tbl_payment SELECT * FROM generate_payments ('12/1/2013','ASSIST_PRI','3852',sys_user()) WHERE NOT ROW(client_id,payment_type_code,payment_date) IN (SELECT client_id,payment_type_code,payment_date FROM payment_valid);

The error message was:

ERROR:  type of parameter 70 (text) does not match that when preparing the plan (unknown) CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function generate_payments(date,text,integer,integer) line 195 at assignment

Thanks in advance for shedding any light on this.

Ken

--
AGENCY Software
A data system that puts you in control

learn more about AGENCY or
follow the discussion.
Вложения

От: Gavin Flower
Сообщение: Re: Postgres as In-Memory Database?
От: Edson Richter
Сообщение: Re: Postgres as In-Memory Database?