Commitfest 2021-01 is now closed.

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Commitfest 2021-01 is now closed.
Дата
Next Commitfest Manager.
RE: Commitfest 2021-01 is now closed.
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

Commitfest 2021-01 is now closed. All patches have now been dealt
with. Before starting on moving and closing patches the stats were:

Needs review: 146 (-4)
Waiting on Author: 25 (+1)
Ready for Committer : 23 (-1)
Committed: 56 (+4)
Moved to next CF: 2 (+2)
Withdrawn: 8 (+0)

The following 4 patches out of 25 WoA patches were waiting for the
author during this commit fest without any updates. I've closed those
patches as "Returned with Feedback":

* Fix comment about generate_gather_paths
    * https://commitfest.postgresql.org/31/2876/
* remove deprecated v8.2 containment operators
    * https://commitfest.postgresql.org/31/2798/
* bitmap cost should account for correlated indexes
    * https://commitfest.postgresql.org/31/2310/
* avoid bitmapOR-ing indexes for scan conditions implied by partition constraint
    * https://commitfest.postgresql.org/31/2644/

Other patches have been moved to the commitfest. As a result, a lot of
patches are still in the reviewing queue. When closing the patches, I
chose and closed the patches that are clearly inactive for more than
about 1 month. But if I confirm that the author has a plan to update
the patch soon I didn't close them. So I might have left too many
patches for the next commitfest. If you have a patch that was moved,
and you intend to rewrite enough of it to warrant a resubmission then
please go in and close your entry.

Finally, during this commitfest whereas a lot of patches get reviewed
and committed, about 80 patches have been moved to the next commitfest
without any reviews. We clearly need more bandwidth among reviewers
and committers to cope with the increasing size of the commitfests.
From another point of view, those patches are likely to have a long
discussion and a certain level of difficulty, so it's relatively hard
for beginners. It would be good if the experienced hackers more focus
on such difficult patches.  It's a just idea but I thought that it
would be helpful if we could have something like a mark on CF app
indicating the patch is good for beginners like we have [E] mark in
the ToDo wiki page[1]. This would be a good indicator for new-coming
contributors to choose the patch to review and might help increase the
reviewers. Which could help that the experienced hackers can focus on
other patches. The mark can be added/edited either by the patch author
or CFM.

I've closed this commitfest. If you have feedback or comment on my CFM
work, please tell me here or by directly emailing me. Thanks to
everyone who participated in writing, reviewing a patch, joining the
discussion, and the commitfest!

Regards,

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Add primary keys to system catalogs
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Commitfest 2021-01 is now closed.