Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, May 9, 2024 at 1:03 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> I have committed the first draft of the PG 17 release notes;  you can
> see the results here:
>
>         https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-17.html

Thank you for working on that!

I'd like to mention some of my works. I think we can add the vacuum
performance improvements by the following commits:

- Add template for adaptive radix tree (ee1b30f1)
- Add TIDStore, to store sets of TIDs (ItemPointerData) efficiently (30e144287)
- Use TidStore for dead tuple TIDs storage during lazy vacuum (667e65aac)

Also, please consider the following item:

- Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer using max-heap for many
subtransactions (5bec1d6bc)

Finally, should we mention the following commit in the release note?
It's not a user-visible change but added a new regression test module.

- Add tests for XID wraparound (e255b646a)

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada

От: Bertrand Drouvot
Сообщение: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: cannot abort transaction 2737414167, it was already committed