Changing function from SECURITY DEFINER to SECURITY INVOKER changes query plan?

От Joe Van Dyk
Тема Changing function from SECURITY DEFINER to SECURITY INVOKER changes query plan?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I had a function that was set to SECURITY INVOKER. I needed to give access to a view that uses this function to a role, so I made the function SECURITY DEFINER.

The function is STABLE and is usually inlined and takes 2 ms to run.

Immediately, the function quit being inlined and took 1500ms to run.

Changing the function back to SECURITY DEFINER let the function be inlined again.

On postgresql 9.3.1.

Is this expected behavior?

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Primary Key
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Changing function from SECURITY DEFINER to SECURITY INVOKER changes query plan?