pg_hba.conf broken after cluster upgrade

От Bob Jolliffe
Тема pg_hba.conf broken after cluster upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

I just upgraded my postgresql server from 8.4 to 9.2 on ubuntu linux 12.04.  I installed the new version then used pg_upgrade to upgrade and replicate the cluster from the old server to the new.

Everything appears to have worked well except that I am left with a problem with my pg_hba.conf file.  For some strange reason it only accepts a single line.  So by default I had just:

local all postgres ident

All attempts to add any additional lines to this file, such as

 host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

 lead to the following error on startup:

2013-10-16 16:43:41 GMT LOG:  authentication option not in name=value format: local
2013-10-16 16:43:41 GMT CONTEXT:  line 1 of configuration file "/etc/postgresql/9.2/main/pg_hba.conf"
2013-10-16 16:43:41 GMT FATAL:  could not load pg_hba.conf

Note that either the host line or the local line on their own are fine.  But any attempt to have more than one line (in any order) leads to this error.

Any idea what on earth can I have done and how can I fix it?

Bob

От: Rory Campbell-Lange
Сообщение: Re: ident authentication problems postgresql 9.2
От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs Mongo