Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit

От Everaldo Canuto
Тема Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 4:00 AM, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
I am -1 on that, because I think that it is not good to break the simple rule
that everything that is a psql command starts with a backslash.

We already have "help" command without slash and that is why I implement in the same way help is implemented.
Also, I don't really break the rules, usual way still works, I just added an alternative way.

It might reach out to newcomers, but it will confuse people who know psql.

For people already know psql nothing is changed, we will just have a hidden way to exit.

I just think that if it don't change or break anything for usual psql user but also help some new comers, then is good.

And remember, mysql client implement "\q" and "\quit" just to be more friendly to psql users. Lets us be friendly too ;-)

Regards

От: Everaldo Canuto
Сообщение: Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit