Re: psql line number reporting from stdin

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: psql line number reporting from stdin
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Naysayers can always make a case

Should've added that I'm not one of them :)

+1 from me on the improvement.

for backwards-compatibility, or not
> breaking the scripts written with the existing behaviour in mind.

I'm having a hard time imagining how this could break anything.  What
scenario did you have in mind?

Probably parsing the lines that start with 'ERROR' to report that there were errors in the script.

> Do our
> docs have anything to say about scripts executed from stdin?

If they do, we can always update them.

At the cost of breaking existing scripts (which I am not sure is the case).

Regards,
--
Gurjeet Singh
EnterpriseDB Corporation

От: Kohei KaiGai
Сообщение: Re: Prep object creation hooks, and related sepgsql updates
От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: Patch: Perl xsubpp