Pgbackrest backup is too slow

От Ajay Pratap
Тема Pgbackrest backup is too slow
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
I have a Centos 7 server which runs Postgresql 10.7. I am using pgbackrest to take db backup.
Problem is backup is too slow.
My data dir size is 9.6G and full backup runtime is 22 mins
I also tried using process-max=3, full backup runtime = 21 mins
Following are the backrest configurations:
backrest.conf for pg-primary:
[data]
pg1-path=/var/lib/pgsql/10/data

[global]
log-level-file=detail
repo1-path=/var/lib/pgbackrest
repo1-retention-full=2
start-fast=y
process-max=3

Am I doing something wrong here?
In production we have a database of size more than 500GB. It would not be feasible for me to use it as it is.pgbackrest version is 2.18-1.rhel7.x86_64.
installed from pgdg yum repo.
Also I need to take a backup from the remote machine which would also increase the overall runtime of backup/restore.

Thanks for the help in advance

Regards,
Ajay pratap

Disclaimer: The information in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Drishti is neither liable for the improper, incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt. The communication is not intended to operate as an electronic signature under any applicable law. Drishti assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from the use of e-mails.

От: Markus Heiden
Сообщение: How to make runtime partition pruning work?
От: Sonam Sharma
Сообщение: Trigger