Re: Python3 for PostgreSQL 14

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Python3 for PostgreSQL 14
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 10:40 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 10/23/21 13:00, Дмитрий Иванов wrote:
> Да.
> Python extension issues occurred on Windows Server 2012 and Windows 10
> Pro. Experimentally, when installing version 3.7.4, everything worked.

If you used the EDB installer for the Windows install of Postgres then
you need to use their Language Pack to match up with what the plpython
expects.

> This is my first time deploying Debian, and since I didn't want to
> deploy multiple versions, I asked a question. I have installed Python
> 3.10 x64. when faced with a lack of information on installing an
> extension pack, it would be a good idea to highlight this in the help.
> https://debian.pkgs.org/11/postgresql-amd64/postgresql-plpython3-14_14.0-1.pgdg110+1_amd64.deb.html
> <https://debian.pkgs.org/11/postgresql-amd64/postgresql-plpython3-14_14.0-1.pgdg110+1_amd64.deb.html>:

This is the Debian project packages, not something the Postgres project
controls.

It is correct that the postgres project itself does not, but the Postgres debian packaging team packages both the packages for debian and those for apt.postgresql.org, so it's still the same people that does.

So there's actually a lot more crossover there than when you look at the EDB provided packages for example, where the team is completely indepdendent.

От: Tore Halvorsen
Сообщение: pg_dump and pg_restore and foreign keys
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and pg_restore and foreign keys