Re: Information of pg_stat_ssl visible to all users

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Information of pg_stat_ssl visible to all users
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 5:35 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 5:27 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
I know I am coming in late here, but I know Heroku uses random user
names to allow a cluster to have per-user databases without showing
external user name details:
[...]
I can see them having problems with a user being able to see the SSL
remote user names of all connected users.

Yep, and I can imagine that this is the case of any company managing cloud nodes with Postgres embedded, and at least to me that's a real concern.

How is it a concern that  a CN field with a random username in it is visible, when showing the actual random username isn't? That's not very consistent...

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Information of pg_stat_ssl visible to all users
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Commitfest remaining "Needs Review" items