Re: Error on failed COMMIT

От Vladimir Sitnikov
Тема Re: Error on failed COMMIT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom>I think we still end up concluding that altering this behavior has more
Tom>downside than upside.

What is the downside?

Applications, drivers, and poolers already expect that commit might produce an error and terminate the transaction at the same time.

"The data is successfully committed to the database if and only if commit returns without error".
^^^ the above is way easier to reason about than "user must check multiple unrelated outcomes to tell if the changes are committed or not".

Vladimir

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: plan cache overhead on plpgsql expression
От: "曾文旌(义从)"
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables