Re: [DOC] add missing "[ NO ]" to various "DEPENDS ON" synopses

От Ian Lawrence Barwick
Тема Re: [DOC] add missing "[ NO ]" to various "DEPENDS ON" synopses
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2021年2月13日(土) 11:52 Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>:
On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 10:32:14AM +0900, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> In the documentation, the "[ NO ]" option is listed in the synopsis for
> ALTER TRIGGER and ALTER FUNCTION, but not the others.
> Trivial patch attached.

There are two flavors to cover for 6 commands per gram.y, and you are
covering all of them.  So this looks good to me.  I'll apply and
backpatch in a bit.

Thanks! (Apologies for the preceding blank mail).

It is worth noting that tab-complete.c does a bad
job in completing those clauses.

Indeed it does. Not the most exciting of use cases, though I imagine it
might come in handy for anyone developing an extension, and the
existing implementation is inconsistent (in place for ALTER INDEX,
and partially for ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW, but not the others).
Patch suggestion attached.

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
Вложения

От: Ian Lawrence Barwick
Сообщение: Re: [DOC] add missing "[ NO ]" to various "DEPENDS ON" synopses
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: a misbehavior of partition row movement (?)