Re: How to read an external pdf file from postgres?

От Ian Lawrence Barwick
Тема Re: How to read an external pdf file from postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2022年1月12日(水) 20:16 Amine Tengilimoglu <aminetengilimoglu@gmail.com>:

>   Hi;
>
>      I want to read an external pdf file from postgres. pdf file will exist on the disk. postgres only know the disk
fullpath as metadata. Is there any software or extension that can be used for this? Or do we have to develop software
forit?  Or what is the best approach for this? I'd appreciate it if anyone with experience could make suggestions.

By "read" do you mean "open the file and meaningful extract data from it"? If
so, speaking from prior experience, don't. And if you really have to, make sure
the source PDF is guaranteed to be in a well-defined, predictable format
enforceable by contract law and/or people with sharp pointy sticks. I have
successfully suppressed the memories of whatever it is I once had to do with
reading data from PDFs, but though the data was eventually imported into
PostgreSQL, there was a lot of mangling probably involving a Perl module (other
languages are probably available) before it got anywhere near the database.

Reagrds

Ian Barwick

--
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Дмитрий Иванов
Сообщение: Re: How to read an external pdf file from postgres?
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_statements