Re: what checksum algo?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: what checksum algo?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:58 AM, Scott Ribe
<scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
> What checksum algorithm wound up in 9.3?
>
> (I found Simon Riggs 12/2011 submittal using Fletcher's, Michael Paquier's 7/2013 post stating CRC32 reduced to 16,
andanother post online claiming that it was changed from CRC before release but not stating what it was changed to.)
CRC16 is used. It has been introduced with this commit:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=43e7a668499b8a69a62cc539a0fbe6983384339c
And then moved completely to src/include/storage/checksum_impl.h with
this commit to ease an external use of this algo:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=f04216341dd1cc235e975f93ac806d9d3729a344
Regards,
--
Michael

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: expression index not used within function
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: what checksum algo?