Re: drop column name conflict

От Joseph Koshakow
Тема Re: drop column name conflict
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 4, 2024 at 11:29 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I think we intentionally did not bother with preventing this,
> on the grounds that if you were silly enough to name a column
> that way then you deserve any ensuing problems.

Fair enough.

> If we were going to expend any code on the scenario, I'd prefer
> to make it be checks in column addition/renaming that disallow
> naming a column this way.

Is there any interest in making this change? The attached patch could
use some cleanup, but seems to accomplish what's described. It's
definitely more involved than the previous one and may not be worth the
effort. If you feel that it's worth it I can clean it up, otherwise
I'll drop it.

Thanks,
Joe Koshakow
Вложения

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: On disable_cost
От: Dmitry Dolgov
Сообщение: Re: partitioning and identity column