Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От David Rowley
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 10 May 2021 at 18:03, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> I need clarification on many items, and the document still needs its
> items properly ordered, and markup added.  I also expect a lot of
> feedback.

Thanks for drafting that up.

> Add executor method to cache results from the inner-side of joins (David Rowley)

I think it would be more accurate to say "inner-side of nested loop joins".

> Allow efficient retrieval of heap rows via tid (Edmund Horner, David Rowley)

I'd say we already had that feature with TID Scan. Maybe it would be
better to write:

"Allow efficient heap scanning on ranges of tids (Edmund Horner, David Rowley)"

> Improve the performance of parallel sequential scans (Thomas Munro, David Rowley)

I think it is worth mentioning "I/O" before "performance".  This
change won't really help cases if all the table's pages are already in
shared buffers.

David

От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: Inaccurate error message when set fdw batch_size to 0
От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: GetSubscriptionRelations declares too many scan keys