Re: Revert: Remove useless self-joins *and* -DREALLOCATE_BITMAPSETS make server crash, regress test fail.

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Revert: Remove useless self-joins *and* -DREALLOCATE_BITMAPSETS make server crash, regress test fail.
Дата
Re: Revert: Remove useless self-joins *and* -DREALLOCATE_BITMAPSETS make server crash, regress test fail.
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 8 May 2024 at 06:20, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I find that Richard's proposed fix makes the core regression tests
> pass, but we still fail check-world.  So I'm afraid we need something
> more aggressive, like the attached which makes make_restrictinfo
> copy all its input bitmapsets.  Without that, we still have sharing
> of bitmapsets across different RestrictInfos, which seems pretty
> scary given what we now see about the effects of 00b41463c.  This
> seems annoyingly expensive, but maybe there's little choice?

We could make the policy copy-on-modify.  If you put bms_copy around
the bms_del_member() calls in remove_rel_from_query(), does it pass
then?

David

От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: Weird test mixup
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Revert: Remove useless self-joins *and* -DREALLOCATE_BITMAPSETS make server crash, regress test fail.