Re:

От Kashif Zeeshan
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

On Thu, May 9, 2024 at 2:50 PM Rajan Pandey <rajanpandey2508@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone, I just installed Postgres and pg_tle extension as I was looking to contribute to pg_tle.

Somehow, I am unable to update the shared_preload_libraries. It feels like ALTER has happened but the SPL value is not updated:
test=# show shared_preload_libraries;
 shared_preload_libraries
--------------------------

(1 row)

test=# ALTER SYSTEM SET shared_preload_libraries TO 'pg_tle';
ALTER SYSTEM
test=# SELECT pg_reload_conf();
 pg_reload_conf
----------------
(1 row)

test=# show shared_preload_libraries;
 shared_preload_libraries
--------------------------

(1 row)

test=#

I'm unable to open the postgresql.conf file to update it either. I provided the correct macbook password above. But it is not accepted! :/
rajanx@b0be835adb74 postgresql % cat /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.auto.conf
cat: /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.auto.conf: Permission denied
rajanx@b0be835adb74 postgresql % su cat /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.auto.conf
Password:
su: Sorry

The issue is related with permissions, please make sure which user did the installation and update the  postgresql.auto.conf file with that user permissions.

Regards
Kashif Zeeshan
Bitnine Global

Please help! Thank you. :)
--
Regards
Rajan Pandey

От: Rajan Pandey
Сообщение:
От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes