Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows

От Yasir
Тема Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sun, May 19, 2024 at 2:23 AM Josef Šimánek <josef.simanek@gmail.com> wrote:
so 18. 5. 2024 v 23:16 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:

> Josef Šimánek <josef.simanek@gmail.com> writes:
> > But this is different. If I understand it well, just by following
> > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/install-windows-full.html you'll
> > get those files no matter what is your specific environment (or
> > specific set of tools).
>
> Hm?  Visual Studio seems like quite a specific tool from here.

I initially thought the .vs folder is created just by compiling
PostgreSQL using build.bat (like without opening Visual Studio at
all). But I'm not 100% sure, I'll take a look and report back.

.vs folder is not created just by compiling PG. It is created if you open any of .sln, .vcproj or .vcxproj files.
I have verified it.

> I did some googling around the question of project .gitignore
> files ignoring .vs/, and was amused to come across this:
>
> https://github.com/github/gitignore/blob/main/VisualStudio.gitignore
>
> which seems like a mighty fine example of where we *don't*
> want to go.

That's clearly a nightmare to maintain. But in this case it should be
all hidden within one .vs folder.

От: Yasir
Сообщение: Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows
От: Josef Šimánek
Сообщение: Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows