Re: Replica Identity check of partition table on subscriber

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Replica Identity check of partition table on subscriber
Дата
RE: Replica Identity check of partition table on subscriber  ("houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com" <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 10:09 AM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 12:02 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
> <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > Since the patch has been committed. Attach the last patch to fix the memory leak.
> >
> > The bug exists on PG10 ~ PG15(HEAD).
> >
> > For HEAD,PG14,PG13, to fix the memory leak, I think we should use
> > free_attrmap instead of pfree and release the no-longer-useful attrmap
> > When rebuilding the map info.
> >
> > For PG12,PG11,PG10, we only need to add the code to release the
> > no-longer-useful attrmap when rebuilding the map info. We can still use
> > pfree() because the attrmap in back-branch is a single array like:
> >
> > entry->attrmap = palloc(desc->natts * sizeof(AttrNumber));
>
> LGTM, thank you.

LGTM as well. One thing I am not completely sure about is whether to
make this change in PG10 for which the final release is in Nov?
AFAICS, the leak can only occur after the relcache invalidation on the
subscriber which may or may not be a very frequent case. What do you
guys think?

Personally, I feel it is good to fix it in all branches including PG10.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Add header support to text format and matching feature
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Unify DLSUFFIX on Darwin