Re: Logical WAL sender unresponsive during decoding commit

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Logical WAL sender unresponsive during decoding commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 9:28 AM Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> Hi hackers!
>
> Some time ago I've seen a hanging logical replication that was trying to send transaction commit after doing table
pg_repack.
> I understand that those things do not mix well. Yet walsender was ignoring pg_terminate_backend() and I think this
worthfixing.

> Can we add CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS(); somewhere in this backtrace?

I think if we want to do this in this code path then it may be it is
better to add it in ReorderBufferProcessTXN where we are looping to
process each change.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Support logical replication of global object commands
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade test writes to source directory