Re: Fastpath while arranging the changes in LSN order in logical decoding

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Fastpath while arranging the changes in LSN order in logical decoding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 11:07 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> On 2020-03-07 11:15:27 +0530, Dilip Kumar wrote:
> > IMHO, if we conclude that because there is no performance gain so we
> > don't want to add one extra path in the code then we might want to
> > remove that TODO from the code so that we don't spend time for
> > optimizing this in the future.
>
> +1

Dilip, are you planning to do more tests for this?  Anyone else wants
to do more tests? If not, based on current results, we can remove that
TODO and in future, if someone comes with a test case to show benefit
for adding fastpath, then we can consider the patch proposed by Dilip.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Improve checking for pg_index.xmin
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: error context for vacuum to include block number