Re: Postresql/postgis/qgis : assign privileges only for access/reading tables ?

От Ben Madin
Тема Re: Postresql/postgis/qgis : assign privileges only for access/reading tables ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Two thoughts:

1. Can the user view the tables when connecting through another database program (ie psql or PgAdmin)?
2. Does the user have access to the database schema that has the PostGIS extension (normally public schema)?

cheers

Ben

On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 at 19:00, celati Laurent <laurent.celati@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning,

I work on Postgresql/postgis and Qgis.
 I had created a superuser account for me.
In qgis, I can see the postgis schemas and tables and browse the tables without problem.

This time, i  created another simple user account just to be able in qgis
to access and load the table in qgis.
In pgadmin I created a new role with privileges "can login" only.
When i tape :

GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA TO USER

the request is well recognized and carried out.
But in qgis GIS, I only see the schema structure, I don't see the list of tables.
Where can the error come from? Have I forgotten something?

Thank you.

--

Ausvet Logo

Dr Ben Madin

BVMS MVPHMgmt PhD MANZCVS GAICD
Managing Director

Address:
5 Shuffrey Street
Fremantle, WA 6160
Australia

От: Bryn Llewellyn
Сообщение: Re: "two time periods with only an endpoint in common do not overlap" ???
От: "Nick Renders"
Сообщение: PostgreSQL 14: pg_dump / pg_restore error: could not write to the communication channel: Broken pipe