Re: Checks in RegisterBackgroundWorker.()

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Checks in RegisterBackgroundWorker.()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 25, 2023 at 3:15 AM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> In summary, RegisterBackgroundWorker() is doing some questionable and
> useless work, when a shared preload library is loaded to a backend
> process in EXEC_BACKEND mode.

Yeah.  When I was working on 7389aad6 ("Use WaitEventSet API for
postmaster's event loop."), I also tried to move all of the
postmaster's state variables into PostmasterContext (since the only
reason for that scope was the signal handler code that is now gone),
and I hit a variant of this design problem.  I wonder if that would be
unblocked by this...

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+hUKGKH_RPAo=NgPfHKj--565aL1qiVpUGdWt1_pmJehY+dmw@mail.gmail.com

От: Gurjeet Singh
Сообщение: psql --no-connect option
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: initdb caching during tests