Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Replying to self...

On Wed, 4 May 2022 at 19:19, Francisco Olarte <folarte@peoplecall.com> wrote:

> An I remember pg_dump had a catalog mode, but it seems to have
> dissapeared in recent versions ( you gave it a switch, it wrote a
> commented list
> of IDs which you could edit ( normally avoiding reorders ) and feed
> back with another switch to make partial backups, it was really useful
> for selective
> backups of complex stuff ).

Got it wrong, after consulting some old notes it is pg_restore which
has the -l/-L switches, what we did, was full-dump a db for upgrading,
write TOC, edit TOC to restore only schema on some tables, restore it
faster, go live,  then use rest of the TOC to restore the missing
tables ( they where huge logs, just affected reports which could wait
).

Francisco Olarte.

От: Alexander Farber
Сообщение: Re: Displaying chat by punished users only to themselves (db fiddle attached)
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Displaying chat by punished users only to themselves (db fiddle attached)