Re: [GENERAL] Question regarding logical replication

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Question regarding logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 10:20 PM, Weiping Qu <qu@informatik.uni-kl.de> wrote:

> However, the plots showed different trend (currently I don't have plots on
> my laptop) which shows that the more frequently are the CDC processes
> reading from logical slots, the less overhead is incurred over PostgreSQL,
> which leads to higher throughput.

Have you accounted for disk caching? Your CDC may be getting log from
the cache when going with little lag but being forced to read from
disk (make the server do it ) when it falls behind.

Francisco Olarte.

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Can't build ODBC -- odbc_config not found
От: Weiping Qu
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Question regarding logical replication