Re: bottom / top posting

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: bottom / top posting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sam:

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 6:20 PM Sam Gendler <sgendler@ideasculptor.com> wrote:
>  It could probably be argued that the prohibition was more relevant in the days before 99% of users read their email
viaclients which hide quoted content unless it is explicitly expanded. Arguably, smarter digesting software which
stripsout unnecessary quotations of earlier posts from beneath top-posted content would be a more effective solution
nowthat it is no longer common netiquette (nor all that necessary) to avoid top posting.

I, personally, do not have a problem with the space, I use a 4k, gmail
collapses it AND stopping reading things like unnecessarily quoted
messages,  signatures and CO2 emitting eco recomendations to avoid
printing as become nearly automatic. My problem is I can understand a
message like yours in 5-10 seconds, properly scanning a top posted one
takes much longer. So normally I stop reading at the quote and discard
the message if I have not understood with what I have read UNLESS it's
from my mother or I'm been paid to read it.

I find top-posting moderately offensive, like saying "I am not going
to waste time to make your reading experience better".

Francisco Olarte.

От: Rich Shepard
Сообщение: Re: Database issues when adding GUI
От: Francisco Olarte
Сообщение: Re: bottom / top posting