Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`

От Gabriele Bartolini
Тема Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Magnus,

On Fri, 8 Sept 2023 at 23:43, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
+1. And to make that happen, the appropriate thing is to identify
*why* they are using superuser today, and focus efforts on finding
ways for them to do that without being superuser.

As I am explaining in the other post (containing a very basic proof of concept patch), it is not about restricting superuser. It is primarily a usability and configuration matter of a running instance, which helps control an entire cluster like in the case of Kubernetes (where, in order to provide self-healing and high availability we are forced to go beyond the single instance and think in terms of primary with one or more standbys or at least continuous backup in place).

Thanks,
Gabriele
--
Gabriele Bartolini
Vice President, Cloud Native at EDB

От: Steve Chavez
Сообщение: Add pg_basetype() function to obtain a DOMAIN base type
От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: SQL:2011 application time