Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8 December 2012 15:14, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Maybe the best way is to admit that we need a short-term exclusive lock
> for the swapping step.

Which wouldn't be so bad if this is just for the toast index, since in
many cases the index itself is completely empty anyway, which must
offer opportunities for optimization.

> Or we could wait for MVCC catalog access ...

If there was a published design for that, it would help believe in it more.

Do you think one exists?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Proof of concept: auto updatable views [Review of Patch]
От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: MySQL search query is not executing in Postgres DB