Re: proposal: psql concise mode

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: proposal: psql concise mode
Дата
Re: proposal: psql concise mode  (Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> wrote:
> What really prompted the proposal was my somewhat antiquated use of
> 80-column terminal windows (so that 2 or 3 fit side-by-side
> comfortably on my screen). A lot of the backslash commands are
> creeping well over that 80-column limit, even with the most basic of
> outputs, and I find the default line-wrapping hard to follow. And I'd
> bet that the use of column comments and column statistics targets, for
> example, are quite rare -- and that's almost 30 columns of horizontal
> space lost for the common case of \d+ tablename.

Yeah, I've noticed that, too.  OTOH, the regular old \d output, as
opposed to \d+, still fits fairly well.  Mostly.  So I'm managing.

But I can't help feeling that as we continue to add more features,
we've eventually going to end up with our backs to the wall.  Not sure
what to do about that, but...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Josh Kupershmidt
Сообщение: Re: proposal: psql concise mode
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: psql expanded auto