Re: adding 'zstd' as a compression algorithm

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: adding 'zstd' as a compression algorithm
Дата
Re: adding 'zstd' as a compression algorithm  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 9:24 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 9:02 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Oh wait ... you want it the other way. Yeah, that seems harmless to
> > change. I wonder how many others there are that could be changed
> > similarly...
>
> I went through configure.ac looking for instances of
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS() where the corresponding symbol was not used. I
> found four:
>
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS(lz4.h, [], [AC_MSG_ERROR([lz4.h header file is
> required for LZ4])])
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS(gssapi/gssapi.h, [], [AC_MSG_ERROR([gssapi.h header
> file is required for GSSAPI])])])
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS(ldap.h, [], [AC_MSG_ERROR([header file <ldap.h> is
> required for LDAP])]
> AC_CHECK_HEADER(winldap.h, [], ...stuff...)
>
> I guess we could clean all of those up similarly.

So here's a revised patch for zstd support that uses
AC_CHECK_HEADER(), plus a second patch to change the occurrences above
to use AC_CHECK_HEADER() and remove all traces of the corresponding
preprocessor symbol.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения

От: "osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress
От: "osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress