Re: Would a BGW need shmem_access or database_connection to enumerate databases?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Would a BGW need shmem_access or database_connection to enumerate databases?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net> wrote:
> Can I call RegisterDynamicBackgroundWorker when not in the postmaster,
> but also not in a "regular backend", but rather another BGW?

I believe that doing it from another BGW works fine.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise aggregation/grouping
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods