Re: Storing original rows before update or delete

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Storing original rows before update or delete
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2011/11/4 Miroslav Šimulčík <simulcik.miro@gmail.com>:
> If I restrict any DML operation to internal tables (history tables) in phase
> of parse analyze, nobody can do such operation regardless of user rights.

There is absolutely zero point in trying to prevent the superuser from
doing whatever they want.  The superuser has many, many ways of
bypassing whatever controls you put in place - e.g. loading custom C
code into the backend, whacking around the system catalogs, etc.

> However, triggers can't be used in this case.

Which is another reason not to do it that way.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: DeArchiver process
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Show statistics target in \d+