Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 10:04 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> David Rowley wrote:
>
>> ATTACH/REPLACE sounds fine. My objection was more about the
>> DETACH/ATTACH method to replace an index.
>
> So what happens if you do ALTER INDEX .. ATTACH and you already have
> another index in that partition that is attached to the same parent in
> the index?

I think that should be an ERROR.  You can use REPLACE if you want to
switch which index is attached, but you shouldn't be able to attach
two indexes from the same partition at the same time.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: ML-based indexing ("The Case for Learned Index Structures", apaper from Google)
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Inconsistency in plpgsql's error context reports