Re: Materialized views

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Materialized views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Perhaps that would be an acceptable initial version, but I'd be pretty
> disappointed and I certainly don't think we should stop there.

I agree that a built-in job scheduler would be pretty awesome, but I
think it's a completely separate project from materialized views.
Each of the two is a major project all by itself; making one into a
dependency of the other is a recipe for failure.

In view of Kevin's success with SSI, I'm very pleased to see him
picking this out as his next target.  If and when it gets done, this
will be a great, great feature.  And we shouldn't be afraid to start
small and move incrementally toward what we really want.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company