Re: Have pg_basebackup write "dbname" in "primary_conninfo"?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Have pg_basebackup write "dbname" in "primary_conninfo"?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 4:18 PM Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
<kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> I found an inconsistency. When I ran ` pg_basebackup -D data_N2 -U postgres -R`,
> dbname would be set as username.
>
> ```
> primary_conninfo = 'user=postgres ... dbname=postgres
> ```
>
> However, when I ran `pg_basebackup -D data_N2 -d "user=postgres" -R`,
> dbname would be set as "replication". Is it an intentional item?
>
> ```
> primary_conninfo = 'user=postgres ... dbname=replication...
> ```

Seems weird to me. You don't use dbname=replication to ask for a
replication connection, so why would we ever end up with that
anywhere? And especially in only one of two such closely related
cases?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Matthias van de Meent
Сообщение: Re: Add bump memory context type and use it for tuplesorts
От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Add lookup table for replication slot invalidation causes